Saturday, November 26, 2011

CONSTANT LOVE

I remember as a teenager sitting among several ladies probably of the ages of 50 to 60 and hearing them talk of concerns in general.  My memory isn't clear on exact words which were said, but I remember feeling superior in some way because I didn't bother with trifles such as they had.  Oh youth!  How unperceptive we can be at that age.  I grew up - I learned.  I was able to look back, and understand.

Anxiety - it comes with aging.  It comes with living.  In some ways it's good to have because in some way it monitors our actions when we realize there is a reason for cautious concern, but there are people who really struggle with anxiety.  It pervades their lives.  I had a conversation once with a lady who said to me, "I don't know why I'm anxious, or about what..I guess it's just everything."  That is hard to live with: a constant state of worry.  And I think people who go through this often get very good at covering it up.  They probably feel compelled to do that because so often the response they get doesn't show a depth of understanding.

God always has the answer for us.  He always has the way to bring us through these things.  Jesus pointed out that God doesn't miss anything.  He knows about our lives.  Our needs are known to Him.  We can count on that fact, and we are very welcome to come to Him in prayer.  The problem we so often have is when we begin casting off in various directions searching for answers, expecting help from the world - not really grasping the constant of God's love and concern for us.

God doesn't want us to live in fear.  Our adversary is the one who tries to keep us in a state of uncertainty and fear.  Satan tries consistently to bog people down into a state of mind which if he could have his way would be intolerable to live with.  He wants people to give up.  He wants them to feel helpless.  The main thing for us to remember is that through Christ we have every assurance of the fact that we can come to God and receive His help.  We are not alone.  We are not helpless.  The Bible teaches us, and how true it is, that through Christ we have the victory.  Don't ever forget that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment